Give. Do. Get.
Sioux Falls Federal Credit Union is providing (2) $1,000 Scholarships to qualifying current High School Seniors and/or those currently pursuing secondary education who have contributed to community in the last 12 months. Simply tell us in what ways you’ve gotten involved to help your community and submit by April 10th, 2020. The scholarship check will be made payable to your attending school or university.
Entrants must be a member of Sioux Falls Federal Credit Union in good standing, or meet the eligibility criteria and become a member prior to submitting the entry form. Sioux Falls Federal Credit Union employees, volunteer officials, affiliates and their relatives are ineligible. The applicant must show proof of enrollment before scholarship funds will be disbursed.
- Completed and signed application form.
- Letter of recommendation from an unrelated person who is familiar with the applicant’s community.
- Personal video or essay on your community service activities.
In just 3 easy steps, there are two ways you can submit:
|DIGITAL SUBMISSION||MAIL-IN SUBMISSION|
|Step 1: Recommendation||Acquire and provide a digital letter of recommendation from an unrelated person who is familiar with the applicant’s community service activities. This must be signed by the author. Will accept PDF, JPG and Microsoft Word documents. (May choose to scan document)||Acquire and provide written letter of recommendation from an unrelated person who is familiar with the applicant’s community service activities. This must be signed by the author.|
|Step 2: Essay||
There are 2 forms of digital submissions you can choose from:
|Write a short essay of no more than 500 words, telling us about how you’ve contributed to your community.|
|Step 3: Submit||
Fill out application and submit your information.
Download PDF and Print Application DOWNLOAD
Mail your submission to:
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Winners will be notified by May 8, 2020.
The Credit Union Foundation of the Dakotas will award twenty $500 scholarships for applicants that exemplify the credit union philosophy of “people helping people” through volunteering, community service, and leadership. Ten scholarships will be awarded to North Dakota applicants and ten to South Dakota applicants. Applications must be postmarked by March 31. Scholarship winners will be announced in May 2020.
- Applicant must have been a credit union member for at least one year and account must be in good standing.
- Applicant must be planning to attend an accredited college or university or technical/vocational school in the fall upon high school graduation OR be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university or technical/vocational school OR planning to enroll in an accredited college or university or technical/vocational school.
- Credit union must be affiliated with the Credit Union Association of the Dakotas.
If you have any questions, please contact Lori Welder, Executive Director of the Credit Union Foundation of the Dakotas, at 701.250.3968 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please download your scholarship form and follow the eligibility and application requirements:
2020 Credit Union Foundation of the Dakotas Scholarship Form